PUSH Nation Fest is Coming to TAMPA, FL Friday, April 22- Saturday, April 23, 2016!
The first PUSH Nation Fest will be opening at Tampa Convention Center “Pushing the paralysis community to a better tomorrow.”
“We are incredibly overwhelmed to be live, and here with all of you! This event is a vision we’ve all had in our minds for a few years now, so to finally bring it to life and be able to speak and say hello, we’re here to change everything you think about the paralysis community– is EPIC.” Dana Guest
Dana Guest is the Founder and inspiration behind the event and she contacted me via her Linkedin page to be a partner/sponsor, with a name like Push, how could I resist?
The event is designed to “celebrate the people, products and technology that are improving the future landscape of the paralysis community.” Sound great right? It doesn’t hurt that it is in sunny FLorida either!
Take a look at the schedule for the two-day event here.
Some highlights include Fridays nights headliner “Florida’s Funniest Comedian” Bill Zapf, a woman’s panel Saturday featuring the Wheelchair Mommy, Priscilla Hedlin and other notable woman I am honoured to be among, an ADAPTIVE Yoga demonstration, and a Fashion show featuring Runway of Dreams Adaptive Fashion.
The Keynote speaker is Mindy Scheier, founder of Runway of Dreams which will be launching a new adaptive clothing line, in conjunction with Tommy Hilfiger, at the event. They were seeking models for the event who can fit into sizes, 8-16 girls and 8-20 boys. However, the large girls and boys sizes are comparable to an adult size small. If interested, please contact: email@example.com
The Runway of Dreams fashion show will take place on Saturday, April 23rd beginning at 2:00 pm.
There will be speakers announced, and I am slated to present on a topic that is the basis for the launch of my company PhotoAbility.net “Disability As “Inspiration”: Can Greater Exposure Overcome this Phenomenon?.” See article written on this important concept.
Push Nation Fest will be featuring groundbreaking technology, captivating entertainment and hands-on workshops, the inaugural Push Nation Fest will be like no other you’ve attended in the past.
So, Mark your calendars and join us in sunny Tampa on April 21 & 22 of 2016 for Push Nation Fest. It is going to be a fun, fresh event designed to bring the paralysis community together in one place, focused on pushing each other to learn, dream and achieve more than ever before!
See you there!
Please Download and Share informational flyer here: Push Nation Flyer _ 02.22.16
- Education and Exposure is Key to Bias Against Disabled Mothers - May 14, 2017
- How to Train a Service Dog: Part One—Finding your Match! - May 7, 2017
- The Kindness of Strangers - April 23, 2017
- PUSHLiving Podcast 013 | So you Wanna Dance? Marisa Hamamoto Infinite Flow A Wheelchair Dance Company - February 2, 2017
- PUSHLiving Podcast 010 | Ethan Ruby The Crash, Coming Back from His Darkest Days to Fortune and Love - December 7, 2016
- Einstein - October 18, 2016
- Part 4: Woman with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood? - June 23, 2016
- “When You Roll with Life, You Know People will be Watching” An Interview with Cutie Courtney Cirabasi - May 7, 2016
- Voices of the Community: Bogus Service Dogs – The Scam Co-Opting the Rights of the Disabled - May 3, 2016
- Part 3 – Women with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood? - April 14, 2016