- Self-Advocacy and Assertiveness: The Way to Self-Love and Respect
- The Rollin RN Helps to Solve the Mystery of Stool Color
- Blog to Follow: MourningGlory; Witty, Intelligent, Sardonic, and Edgy Beauty Tells it like it is..
- “To Be or Not to Be ~ That is the Question” When Happily Ever After Turns to Rage, Despair and a Catastrophic Injury
- Life: “Little old paralyzed you, can make a huge difference through one small act”
- Spinal Cord Awareness Month Video: What is our Scene?
- Unresolved Anger: How constructive expression has physical and psychological benefits
- 8 Tips to Travel to Barcelona in a Wheelchair
- Inclusive PhotoShoot: Behind the Scenes on Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Acceptance of Loss, Illness and Disability: Broken but Stronger
- Part 2 – Women with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood?
- Interview with Comedian and Actress Maysoon Zayid
- The Secrets to Sexual Self Discovery: Part 2 – The Love Dr. answers our questions
- Secrets to Sexual Self-Discovery: Part 1: Going deeper is Key
- Column Four: Dating, Defying and Daring …to Live a Life of your Dreams: How to Meet Someone
- The Public Reacts to the “Paralyzed Bride” taking off her clothes in the #Whatmakesmesexy shoot
- Fit, Fabulous, and the Power of Protein
- Incorporating Inclusive/Universal Design: What it means and how it can affect your life
- Announcing PUSHLiving’s #DropTheHighTops Campaign
- Column Three: Dating, Defying and Daring …to Live a Life of your Dreams
- Love Defined: This young at heart couple show how to love beyond limitations
- Voices of the Community – High Top Table Trend: How restaurants and bars exclude post-ADA
- PUSHLiving Presents “Just For You” Song Written and Performed by Stephen Feldman
- The “Paralyzed Bride” Speaks on Cure Research, Medical Equipment Funding, and Pain
- It’s Hard Not to Say I’m Sorry
- A Woman of Class, Warmth, Cordiality, Substance and Determination: Welcome to the Custom Made World of Jen
- Column Two: Dating, Defying and Daring …to Live a Life of your Dreams
- Woman with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood?
- Behind the Scenes at A “Disability Inclusive” Stock Image Photoshoot with PhotoAbility
- Tails of Success: Life with a Helping Hands Monkey Helper
- Fate and the Gimpy Dog
- The Spirit of Inclusive Travel
- Interview with Yannick Benjamin of Wheeling Forward
- NEW Column: Dating, Defying and Daring …to Live a Life of your Dreams
- The Creative ART of Photography
- Fit, Fabulous, and Stressed…Oh My!
- Did You Know Berlin, Germany Has Some of the Most Accessible Nightclubs?
- Can You Relate to These 24 Things All Wheelchair Users Should Know?
- How You Can Support People with Disabilities Affected by the Nepal Earthquake
- Gina’s Online Dating Journey: Part 3 – Divorce, Self-Reflection, Desire and More Dating Wisdom
- Digestive Health Series Part #2: Intestinal Parasites
- Mother of 6 Overcomes the Sudden Onset of Paralysis
- Profile #4 Anna: Confident, 25-Year-Old Psychology Major and Part-Time Model
- Deborah Davis
- My Lifelong Science Experiment
- Never Giving Up Hope; Disability and Heartbreak
- Here it comes. . . and it’s alright
- Wheelie Favorite THINGS! Best Products, Places and Things for Wheelchair Users
- The PUSH Lifestyle: Wheelchair Accessories
- Shear Facts about Pressure Injuries
- The Game of Survival: Managing Fear and Health as a Quadriplegic
- Horses for Therapy? Wheelchair Users Find Reasons to Get Back into the Saddle!
Namakagon Landing Accessible Lakehome
This beautiful, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom accessible lake home (with attached heated garage) is on beautiful Lake Namakagon in the Chequamagon National Forest just outside Cable, WI, in the heart of the northwoods of Wisconsin and not far from Lake Superior. The home has an open floor plan and all one level with easy access to lake and home.
This beautiful, wheelchair accessible 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom lake home (with attached heated garage) is on beautiful Lake Namakagon in the Chequamagon National Forest just outside Cable, WI, in the heart of Wisconsin’s Northwoods.
The home is all one level and has an open floor plan with easy access from the home to the lake by a level boardwalk. The four bedrooms sleep 11 comfortably and are ideal for two families with children, four couples, or a large group of friends. All beds are wheelchair appropriate heights and the master bathroom is accessible.
The open floor plan makes for great entertaining and easy getting around. There is an extra large, fully stocked kitchen. The property is completely level so you can enjoy the house, yard and lake and get around easily between all three. The attached heated garage makes it ideal for returning from the outdoors, keeping your car warm and do all transfers. A level, concrete path surrounds the house making it easy to access all entries.
There are hundreds of lakes, rivers and many accessible destinations in the area. We keep a binder of the accessible activities, restaurants, and destinations at the home for easy reference and to take out the guesswork of where to go. It is always being updated with new activities as we visit and test every area we recommend. Adaptive sports activities in the area include adaptive paddling, handcycling, fishing, sailing, skiing (Downhill and XC), and spectating at the International Paralympics Committee (IPC) Nordic Skiing World Cup (An Olympic sanctioned event). Kayaks and canoe included with your rental. An accessible pontoon boat and ice fishing house is also available. Other organized adaptive sports activities and rentals nearby.
Lake Namakagon is known for world class fishing and is one of three trophy muskie lakes in WI. The accessible dock/pontoon boat makes for an easy fishing excursion from the house. Lake Superior and Bayfield WI are just one hour away for sightseeing adventures. Namakagon Landing is also at the headwaters of the Namakagon River so you have the best of both worlds. You can take the pontoon boat out to the lake or under the bridge to access the river. No matter what the season, you are sure to create a lifetime of memories.
We understand the challenges of accessible travel and are committed to making Namakagon Landing the most accessible vacation rental on the planet. We have received many compliments but are always open to your suggestions. New this year is a heated, accessible ice fishing house for anyone interested in fishing in the comforts of a heated ice fishing house. Guests who use a wheelchair or have mobility issues can access the fish house from the drop down ramp and fish in the comfort of a heated shanty. In the summer we provide five sit on top kayaks which, if you have upper body strength, are fun and easy to transfer into to paddle on the lake or river. Our accessible pontoon boat is always at the dock ready to go. You just wheel right onto the boat, start it up and you’re ready to go explore the lake and its many bays. Several of the resorts and restaurants on the lake are accessible from the boat via a walkway from a dock or marina.
Overson Landings Vacation Rentals was created by and for people (or have a family member) with mobility issues, but all are welcome, including pets. Feel free to call or reply to this posting for a frank discussion about your needs. If you would like to talk/book with us directly please call Susan or Mark Overson at 1-952-270-3027. Checks/Visa/MasterCard Accepted.
For more information or to book a reservation go to:www.vrbo.com/430179 or contact us at email@example.com and/or 1-952-270-3027. Nightly rates: $270 – $329. Summer rentals Saturday to Saturday only (June 15 – September 1). 2 Night minimum all other times except for special events like the American Birkibiener (4 nt minimum/February), Chaquamagon Fat Tire Festival (3 night minimum/September), and IPC Nordic Paralympics (3 Night minimum/January)
|Number of Floors||1|
|Gas Hot Water||Freezer|
|Cable TV||Cable Internet|
- Super market 10 mintues by Car
- Exhibition 10 mintues by Car
- University 60 mintues by Car
- Park 10 mintues by Car
- Cinema 20 mintues by Car
- Coffee shop 10 mintues by Car
- Airport 127 mintues by Car
- Hospital 20 mintues by Car
- Town center 10 mintues by Car
- Shopping center 10 mintues by Car
|Accessible parking space available||Please describe eg: street, off road, undercover|
|Accessible path of travel to entrance||Yes|
|Level or ramped access into property||Yes|
|Entrance level WC/Bathroom||Yes|
|Roll In Shower||No|
|Ground level accessible bedroom(s)||Yes|
|Lift access to accessible bedroom(s)||N/A|
|Step free access to living areas||Kitchen, Diningroom, Family, Den, Patio/Deck, Garden|
|Surrounding area is either level or only gently sloping, Paved walkways are provided in the development and/or to local services., Designated parking is available at local services|
|Sporting Facilities||Adaptive Watersports, Adaptive Snow Skiing|
|Transport||Accessible Transport to Attractions|
|Front Door Width||–34 in — mm|
|Ramp Width/Slope||— in — mm 1/|
|Bedroom Door Width||__34 in __ mm|
|Height of the Bed||_20_in __mm|
|Clear space under the bed||_5_ in __ mm|
|Height of the wardrobe clothes rail||__39 in __ mm|
|Width of the bathroom door||__34 in __ mm|
|Clear space beside the toilet||_2.5_ in __ mm|
|Height of the toilet seat||__19 in __ mm|
|Height of vanity||32.5 in|
|Height of kitchen bench tops||36__ in __ mm|
|Height of cook top||_36_ in __ mm|
- Property Type: For Vacation Rental
- Land area: 1600
- Bedroom: 4
- Bathroom: 2
- Furnishing: Not Applicable
- Tenure: Not Applicable