Ethan Ruby is an entrepreneur. A man in his early 40’s who invents products and builds companies. He is also a husband and a father of two children; 5 and 7-year-old boys.
He created the Wheel Comfort padded foot rest product that I personally cannot live without and is the founder of and an investor in several other major companies that provide, not only profitable enterprises for his family and his employees, but products that change lives.
He has learned that not “focusing on myself” is the way to a better life and started Poker for Life, a charity organization raising over 2 million for Spinal Cord Injury research for The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis in ten years.
He is CEO and Founder of Theraplant, a company that markets and leads in the field of medical marijuana as a pharmaceutical medication based in Connecticut.
Ethan shares with us how he became a member of the PUSH living community of wheelchair users becoming a paraplegic in Nov 2000 in a story that is eerily familiar to the movie Me Before You. A successful, driven, globetrotting New York financial industry trader who was crossing the street and got hit by a car.
Ethan provides raw and deeply personal revelations about his frame of mind after the accident that will move you and teach a powerful lesson on overcoming and accepting oneself.
He also gives us an inside look into his impressive story of achieving great success in business, and how he has finally learned the important balance between work and home life.
He discusses his journey with his wife, who he had only been dating 6 months before his accident (though they had know each other for 8 yrs), and how he gave her the “out” for living this life and her response.
This podcast will provide you with the awe-inspiring opportunity to listen to a man whose belief in himself and resourcefulness created the life where “Failure is not an option.”
Additional info mentioned in podcast:
Guarda “Cock Sock”
WPT / Poker
Boxing / Escrima
- PUSHLiving Podcast 013 | So you Wanna Dance? Marisa Hamamoto Infinite Flow A Wheelchair Dance Company - February 2, 2017
- PUSHLiving Podcast 010 | Ethan Ruby The Crash, Coming Back from His Darkest Days to Fortune and Love - December 7, 2016
- Einstein - October 18, 2016
- Part 4: Woman with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood? - June 23, 2016
- “When You Roll with Life, You Know People will be Watching” An Interview with Cutie Courtney Cirabasi - May 7, 2016
- Voices of the Community: Bogus Service Dogs – The Scam Co-Opting the Rights of the Disabled - May 3, 2016
- Part 3 – Women with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood? - April 14, 2016
- When Love is Not the Answer: How the Dating Coach became the Life Coach Instead - March 29, 2016
- PUSH your limits: Photography Brian Walsh - March 29, 2016
- Dear Media: Please Stop Saying We Are “Bound to Wheelchairs” - March 21, 2016