This story line is the news feed and all over the media. Have her walk on braces, and it is an even BIGGER story.
Apparently it’s a miracle and inspiration, and the groom is a great guy for marrying a woman in a wheelchair. She is an inspiration for putting her paralyzed legs in braces so she can struggle and forgo the ease of simply rolling down the aisle.
Message sent: I am not good enough unless I am walking.
A beautiful, blonde, sexy, talented woman on wheels is getting married, and this is a national story?
It also seems (based on comments) to be giving many others in similar disabilities hope that maybe they will one day find someone Good enough to marry them in spite of their disability.
Is this really such an odd occurrence? Is this really such a miracle?
It appears we have a lot of work to do if people really believe that to be true.
Sure, there are absolutely many men and women who would not consider dating a person if the person was in a wheelchair.
There also are just as many men and women who wouldn’t date someone who was overweight or too short or the wrong color or the wrong religion.
But it shouldn’t be an inspiration when one of us actually find someone who is capable of loving us.
Do I really need to explain this? Does the general population really need to learn how we are valuable how we make great partners, great lovers, great mothers?
Based on the comments and the frequencies of these type of news stories it appears we have a lot of explaining indeed to do.
- The Kindness of Strangers - April 23, 2017
- PUSHLiving Podcast 013 | So you Wanna Dance? Marisa Hamamoto Infinite Flow A Wheelchair Dance Company - February 2, 2017
- PUSHLiving Podcast 010 | Ethan Ruby The Crash, Coming Back from His Darkest Days to Fortune and Love - December 7, 2016
- Einstein - October 18, 2016
- Part 4: Woman with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood? - June 23, 2016
- “When You Roll with Life, You Know People will be Watching” An Interview with Cutie Courtney Cirabasi - May 7, 2016
- Voices of the Community: Bogus Service Dogs – The Scam Co-Opting the Rights of the Disabled - May 3, 2016
- Part 3 – Women with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood? - April 14, 2016
- When Love is Not the Answer: How the Dating Coach became the Life Coach Instead - March 29, 2016
- PUSH your limits: Photography Brian Walsh - March 29, 2016