Simply Open Awards is a new Global Competition offering individuals with a disability, carers, friends, colleagues, teachers or family members, an opportunity to make a 2-minute video showcasing your solution that has overcome barriers around you.
These innovative awards are non-commercial solutions. Simple and creative homemade improvements, making something or finding a unique way of doing something that enables a person to perform or contribute to a task they previously had difficulty accomplishing, or have fun in ways they were previously excluded from
Prizes will be awarded up to £25,000 across 5 categories.
Simply Open Awards will have 5 Submission Categories:
1. Daily Living and Wellbeing– This category will focus on solutions that have improved a person’s activities such as eating, dressing, hygiene, getting around the home, positive & healthy mind, and body & soul.
2. Work and Employment– This category will focus on solutions that have enabled a person to engage in work or employment (this can include volunteering/charity settings.)
3. Education- This category will focus on solutions that have enabled a person to build skills or help an individual engage in learning.
4. Getting Out and About– This category will focus on solutions that have enabled a person to getting around outside the home, communicating and socialising with others, sports, entertainment, and fun activities.
5. Communications – This category will look for novel solutions that uses technology or other communication tools and approaches to help people interact more easily, confidently or efficiently together
Finalists will also have a chance to win an all-inclusive paid trip for winners to present their solution at the Zero Project Conference in Vienna in 2023.
Register for updates between now and May 18. Applications for the Simply Open Awards start on May 19, 2022 and close on September 12, 2022.
Check out our Program Lead, Josh Wintersgill’s, Innovative Solution Video and introduction to Simply Open Awards!
The Simply Open awards are hosted by Open Inclusion. If you haven’t heard of Open Inclusion yet, they are built with, for and by people with disabilities to advocate for better products, services and environments that are inclusive and effective for everyone. Opportunities also include paid research. To join the Open Inclusion Community please Click Here.
- VOLUNTARY HOSTAGE SITUATION - May 6, 2022
- HAVE YOU CREATED A SOLUTION THAT HAS HELPED REDUCE BARRIERS AROUND YOU? - April 20, 2022
- A CRUSHING DEFEAT – BLUE CROSS AND BLUE SHIELD – CREATING A RIPPLE EFFECT - March 5, 2022
- My Journey of Being Crowned Ms. Wheelchair North Carolina 2022 - November 20, 2021
- The Rise of Disability Inclusion in the Workplace - July 16, 2021
- Turning Pain into Purpose - June 25, 2021
- The Never Ending Health Insurance Battle – A Year Later! - April 30, 2021
- How Wilderness Survival Trips Prepared Me for Spinal Cord Injury - April 21, 2021
- ICU Survival Guide with a Twist! - March 30, 2021
- How To Make Spinal Cord Injury Advance Your Professional Career - March 12, 2021