This is my debut column on PushLiving. Actually, it’s my debut column anywhere and I would like to thank Deborah for inviting me-pushing, actually-to contribute here.
I love the sound of PushLiving, it resonates with me. It’s a great name. It’s a great concept, too. Because wherever we are in life we always want more. And to get more we have to push. (Paradoxically, this is true, even if what we want more of is, seemingly, less-for instance, a simpler, quieter, less cluttered life.)
To me, the “push” in PushLiving means movement, directionality, and focus in the myriad of ways that serve our needs and advance our interests.
Too often we acquiesce to a marginalized existence, not making reasonable demands on society or ourselves.
To borrow from Woody Allen’s character in Annie Hall,
“[Life] is like a shark. It has to constantly move forward or it dies.”
I hope to use this space to offer a helpful push to others and getting some “pushback” from you.
- Disability Side Hustle? Ideas Worth Rolling Over - March 2, 2022
- Energy Attacks: How to Heal & Protect Yourself from Aggression and Hostility - December 16, 2021
- Overcoming the Fear #SCIAWARENESS #PUSHLOVE - October 2, 2021
- Excerpt from “The Anti-ADA Bar Crawl – Is Your Business at Risk?” - September 26, 2019
- Where to Roll in Town: A Wheelchair Users Guide to What is Hot and Trending in Travel - June 13, 2019
- Wheelchair Travel: Cuba Libre? How Free is Cuba for Travelers on Wheels? - June 11, 2019
- Wheelchair Accessible Farming and Gardening - June 8, 2019
- Jetweels Carries Passengers in a Whole New Fashion! - May 14, 2019
- Wheelchair Accessible Ireland Tour – Join Us In One of the Most Loved Countries - April 16, 2019
- PUSHLiving Podcast 018 | WOW! Woman on Wheels Empowerment Retreat with Kristina Rhoades - March 12, 2018