All editorial content and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied without the express permission of the copyright holder, which reserves all rights. Re-use of any of editorial content and/or graphics online for any purpose is strictly prohibited. The materials from this site are not available for commercial, informational or noncommercial uses online or offline unless express written permission is given. Copying or adapting the HTML or any other language created to generate these pages is also strictly prohibited and protected by copyright. Certain content and graphics originating from the federal government are not covered under copyright.
Privacy Notice Table of Contents:
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on any of our websites. On some pages, you can order products, make requests and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
Credit/Debit Card Information
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient’s address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Correction and Retraction Policy:
If retraction/correction request received:
Errors, whether brought to our attention by readers, will be corrected quickly and in a straightforward manner.
- If the statements published personally involve you, please state in writing at [email protected] the factual errors in our published statements with link to said statement. You should provide documentation for this claim of error, what you believes to be the true facts are, and explain what you would like us to do to correct these errors.
- The Editor will research the accuracy of any factual statements made by you and follow up with the original author to make sure that there is a strong basis and evidence to support your assertions.
- If statements do contain factual errors, we will prepare a correction that concisely states the correct facts.
- This correction will be made in the same size and will be in the same location as the original posting in a timely manner. This should be within one week after receiving the request.