The “Quirky Quad“ shares her Online Dating Profile in the hope that it will inspire, make you laugh and gain insight into how one can be open and honest about their disability and capabilities in writing an “About Me” section.
Ali is no longer on the market and is now celebrating her one year anniversary with a man she met via the online dating Platform Ok Cupid.
We hope you enjoy!!
Welcome – I’m Ali … Now, let’s see how to advertise myself:
I’m 33 years old and I grew up with the most incredible family and have spent much my life traveling the world and living in many different countries. I have always been full of life, energetic, adventurous and have lived in China, many countries in Europe, the Bahamas, many different states in the US, South America and Australia.
I am extremely outgoing, a good conversationalist and love to try new things. Family and friends are really important to me, and I am …. See below for more juicy details…
When I, was 27 I was living down in the Bahamas and took a shallow water dive. I broke my neck leaving me a C6 quadriplegic (basically paralyzed from the boobs down. My hands are also paralyzed, but my arms are not). Fortunately while this accident took away some of my physical freedoms it has had no impact on me as a person or my personality.
I have always maintained a positive attitude, still love to try new things and I moved back from China after 2 1/2 years to Raleigh North Carolina. I’m one of those kinds of people who have a million crazy stories throughout my life because I am always curious about exploring new people the, world and adventures.
As for work… I wanted to find a job that would allow me the freedom to travel around the world and not have to be stuck to a desk. So, when I moved down to the Bahamas, one of our family homes in 2009, I started to learn how to become a day trader in the financial markets.
So, now I make a living as a Day Trader, and I absolutely love it. The brain is so sexy;)
While being paralyzed is not that fun I really do try to make the most of it and having a full-time job, and a full-time life!
I would say I am looking for a man (not a boy) who doesn’t care about the wheelchair (think of it like an accessory), is passionate about life because it’s awesome, is a killer naked snuggler, adores me;), has a stable career, genuine, makes me giggle, and is kind to others.
What I’m doing with my life
I am a full-time day trader in the financial markets, but I work from home. I definitely want to start a foundation one day.
I’m always thinking about my next adventure and how I can make it accessible and fun.
I’m really good at
Finance, physics, being funny, laughing, going on adventures, communication, research, strip board games, cooking, being naked, writing, not walking (I know, other wheelchair users might hurt me saying that one), kissing, snuggling, being flexible, talking about subjects ranging from space to current events to beer tastings (please, no topics on pop culture…I’m totally clueless on this subject)
Message Me If
- You are CURIOUS: I think it is really sexy when a guy has passion and desire to learn, try new things and take chances
- You are funny with a side a smart ass
- You’re not shy to ask those necessary questions about life in a wheelchair… Seriously, how else are you going to learn
- A great kisser = big Plus, but I am a good teacher 🙂
- Send me an actual personalized message… I can’t work with “You like me” 🙂 Be adventurous!
Don’t Message Me If
- You just say “hi, hello, what’s up, wazzz up” — this implies to me you do not have a firm grasp of the English language… Probably best to move on
- If you are just inquiring about having sex with a girl in a wheelchair, a wheelchair or the combination of having sex on the wheelchair 🙂 — I will clarify this right now, Yes, I can have sex, and yes, I can feel it. There, elephant in the room out of the way.
- Have an exclusive wheelchair fetish …. Yes, it’s a thing…don’t be shallow and date me for my wheelchair or eyes, boobs, etc. 🙂
- Lazy (there is a difference between being lazy and relaxing)
- Don’t play games, board games are cool, but acting like we’re in high school is not. I’m not 21, nor do I care to be… I think my 30s rock. Let’s act like it.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I generally like to read nonfiction books focused on trading, spinal cord injury research and macroeconomics.
I am a huge sci-fi nut for all kinds of movies and shows
I eat very very healthy, but I do love ice cream, Kraft Mac n’ cheese, rice Krispy treats and sushi.
I listen to all kinds of music but I do love oldies, 80s rock, 90s and reggae
The six things I could never do without
Love, friends, family, my wheelchair, people with good senses of humor
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Silly thoughts, how to eventually purchase a jet for myself through trading, how to help people, how to make traveling easier in a wheelchair, sharing my life with somebody, people and what they’re thinking about, how to make people laugh, what success looks like, if the concept of true love is viable, tolerance for all kinds of people
On a typical Friday night I am
going out for happy hour friends for a drink or staying in for a good movie or being spontaneous and getting into something that will make a great story
You should message me if
See above for a comprehensive answer…
To add to that:
You are a decent guy who is not only attracted to me, but is interested in trying to date a woman in a wheelchair. Casual dating is cool too.
I am super open about every topic on my injury, just ask the awkward questions first 😉 I dare ya. .. You may get fun answers.
- BEHIND THE SCENES: From the ICU to Walking Down the Aisle - June 20, 2019
- Affordable Home SCI Exercise Program – Something for Everyone - April 14, 2019
- Wedding Bells & Wheelchairs - February 15, 2019
- How Expensive Is It To Be Paralyzed Anyway? - January 22, 2019
- Love in a “DISABLED” World: What we as human beings can look past in order find the beauty within another individual. - December 12, 2018
- “An Engagement to Remember” - August 22, 2018
- Wheelchair Air Travel – “Quad” Style - July 25, 2018
- Cruise Ship Adventures & Wheelchairs – Lessons Learned - June 21, 2018
- The Ancient Philosophers were on to Something – Overcoming Negative Emotions - March 28, 2018
- Moving Mountains Paralyzed: How to Win Insurance Battles - February 6, 2018