- Self-Advocacy and Assertiveness: The Way to Self-Love and Respect
- The Rollin RN Helps to Solve the Mystery of Stool Color
- Blog to Follow: MourningGlory; Witty, Intelligent, Sardonic, and Edgy Beauty Tells it like it is..
- “To Be or Not to Be ~ That is the Question” When Happily Ever After Turns to Rage, Despair and a Catastrophic Injury
- Life: “Little old paralyzed you, can make a huge difference through one small act”
- Spinal Cord Awareness Month Video: What is our Scene?
- Unresolved Anger: How constructive expression has physical and psychological benefits
- 8 Tips to Travel to Barcelona in a Wheelchair
- Inclusive PhotoShoot: Behind the Scenes on Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Acceptance of Loss, Illness and Disability: Broken but Stronger
- Part 2 – Women with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood?
- Interview with Comedian and Actress Maysoon Zayid
- The Secrets to Sexual Self Discovery: Part 2 – The Love Dr. answers our questions
- Secrets to Sexual Self-Discovery: Part 1: Going deeper is Key
- Column Four: Dating, Defying and Daring …to Live a Life of your Dreams: How to Meet Someone
- The Public Reacts to the “Paralyzed Bride” taking off her clothes in the #Whatmakesmesexy shoot
- Fit, Fabulous, and the Power of Protein
- Incorporating Inclusive/Universal Design: What it means and how it can affect your life
- Announcing PUSHLiving’s #DropTheHighTops Campaign
- Column Three: Dating, Defying and Daring …to Live a Life of your Dreams
- Love Defined: This young at heart couple show how to love beyond limitations
- Voices of the Community – High Top Table Trend: How restaurants and bars exclude post-ADA
- PUSHLiving Presents “Just For You” Song Written and Performed by Stephen Feldman
- The “Paralyzed Bride” Speaks on Cure Research, Medical Equipment Funding, and Pain
- It’s Hard Not to Say I’m Sorry
- A Woman of Class, Warmth, Cordiality, Substance and Determination: Welcome to the Custom Made World of Jen
- Column Two: Dating, Defying and Daring …to Live a Life of your Dreams
- Woman with Disabilities: How Accessible is the Road to Motherhood?
- Behind the Scenes at A “Disability Inclusive” Stock Image Photoshoot with PhotoAbility
- Tails of Success: Life with a Helping Hands Monkey Helper
- Fate and the Gimpy Dog
- The Spirit of Inclusive Travel
- Interview with Yannick Benjamin of Wheeling Forward
- NEW Column: Dating, Defying and Daring …to Live a Life of your Dreams
- The Creative ART of Photography
- Fit, Fabulous, and Stressed…Oh My!
- Did You Know Berlin, Germany Has Some of the Most Accessible Nightclubs?
- Can You Relate to These 24 Things All Wheelchair Users Should Know?
- How You Can Support People with Disabilities Affected by the Nepal Earthquake
- Gina’s Online Dating Journey: Part 3 – Divorce, Self-Reflection, Desire and More Dating Wisdom
- Digestive Health Series Part #2: Intestinal Parasites
- Mother of 6 Overcomes the Sudden Onset of Paralysis
- Profile #4 Anna: Confident, 25-Year-Old Psychology Major and Part-Time Model
- Deborah Davis
- YOSEMITE from a Wheelchair — Returning to an Old Love with a New Perspective and Gratitude
- UPDATED WHEELCHAIR SIGN – SIGN OR MOVEMENT?
- Walking Does Not Define Happiness
- ADA Fails to Regulate Bed Heights in Hotels – FIGHT BACK NOW!
- Wedding Bells & Wheelchairs
- How Expensive Is It To Be Paralyzed Anyway?
- Love in a “DISABLED” World: What we as human beings can look past in order find the beauty within another individual.
- “An Engagement to Remember”
Beautiful bushland setting surrounds this two bedroom cottage, purpose built for accessibility. Experience the delightful peace of the Australian bush from your cottage verandah!
….You’ve done a great job with the decorations and disabled access. For a bunch of OT’s, it’s spot on!” Em, Maz and Tam
“Loved the spaciousness of the Igloo. Totally suited to my husband who is confined to a wheelchair.” Vera, Monica, Monty and Willow.
Countrywide Cottages Igloo cottage is a purpose built cottage for people of all mobility levels, specifically for independent wheelchair accessibility – finally a stylish and practical destination for disabled access accommodation.
The Igloo offers wheelchair friendly accommodation featuring ramp access, widened doors, wheel in shower, quarter turn taps, rails in bathroom, washer and dryer and split air conditioning system for heating and cooling in conjunction with the cosy wood fire. Our wheel-under hot plates, bench and sink in the kitchen and sink in the laundry, make sure there is no excuse to get out of the chores! True wheelchair accessible accommodation Great Ocean Road!
Bed raisers are available for use with hydraulic lifting devices, a self propelled shower/commode chair and bed sticks can be made available at a nominal fee by prior arrangement.
We have successfully accommodated many guests in wheelchairs, ranging from low to high level care in our wheelchair access accommodation Otway Ranges. It is our pride to ensure that we are able to provide beautiful and easily accessible accommodation of such a high standard to people requiring wheelchair access
Electric Hot Water
Super market 10 mintues by Car
Park 10 mintues by Car
Cinema 40 mintues by Car
Beach 25 mintues by Car
Coffee shop 10 mintues by Car
Airport 90 mintues by Car
Bus station 10 mintues by Car
Train station 10 mintues by Car
Police station 10 mintues by Car
Hospital 10 mintues by Car
Town center 10 mintues by Car
Shopping center 10 mintues by Car
Cooling system: Yes
Heating system: Yes
Master bedroom size (axb) 3950 cm x 3950 cm
Dinning room size (a x b) open plan 3950 cm x 3950 cm
Kitchen size (a x b) 3950 cm x 3950 cm
Family room size (a x b) 3950 cm x 3950 cm
Accessible parking space available parking available at cottage – able to pull up to ramp access entrance
Accessible path of travel to entrance Yes
Level or ramped access into property Yes
Entrance level WC/Bathroom Yes
Ground level accessible bedroom(s) Yes
Lift access to accessible bedroom(s) N/A
Step free access to living areas Kitchen, Diningroom, Family, Patio/Deck, Garden
Wide doorways Front Door, Laundry, Back Door, Bedroom Master, Bedroom Other, Dining Room, Lounge, Ensuite Bathroom
Mid-height switches/power sockets Yes
Adapted kitchen Yes
Adapted bathroom Grab Rails, Commode Available, Large Mirror, Raised Toilet Seat
Shower/Wet-room Roll-in Shower, Easy Reach Controls, Adjustable Height/Detachable Shower Rose, Wheeled Shower Chair
Lowered hanging space in wardrobes No
Lift access for wheelchairs to upper floors N/A
Hoist Mobile hoist available
Adjustable bed(s) No
Level access to garden/grounds Yes
Local Area Accessibility
Getting Around Surrounding area is either level or only gently sloping, Local services are ‘access friendly’ with light controlled crossings and dropped kerbs with tactile paving at crossings and junctions, Designated parking is available at local services
Sporting Facilities Accessible Beach Access and beach Wheelchairs
Transport Private Accessible Taxi Hire
Front Door Width 860 mm
Ramp Width/Slope 1/ – 1300 x 1900mm flat area
Bedroom Door Width 860 mm
Height of the Bed 510 mm
Clear space under the bed 150 mm
Height of the wardrobe clothes rail 2000 mm
Width of the bathroom door 860 mm
Clear space beside the toilet 270 mm
Height of the toilet seat 440 mm
Height of vanity 820 mm
Height of kitchen bench tops 800 mm
Height of cook top 800 mm
- Property Type: For Vacation Rental
- Bedroom: 2
- Bathroom: 1
- Furnishing: Not Applicable
- Tenure: Not Applicable