Deborah Davis has achieved a successful career in sales and marketing, training, educating, advocacy, mentoring and public speaking. She has extensive experience in developing and conducting training programs on disability awareness and the seamless inclusion of accessible facilities.
As Founder, Owner and the inspiration for PUSHLiving Enterprises, Deborah oversees the firm’s mandate to ‘push the boundaries of inclusive travel, design, and living.’
Deborah was involved in a car accident at age 18, sustaining a C6/7 spinal cord injury, resulting in incomplete quadriplegia. That, however, has not prevented her from living a fulfilling life as a business woman, a mother of two girls and an extensive world traveler. Indeed, as an active and accomplished individual, Deborah’s goal is to help create a world more inclusive for all individuals.
Over the course of more than two decades, her career has spanned from roles serving as an Independent Contractor, with roles specializing in medical equipment and supplies sales and marketing, Americans with Disabilities Act consulting and training, professional fundraiser for Not for Profits, and as a Director of Development and Public Relations, and Executive Director for Abilities of Florida.
Based in Miami, Davis earned a Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance from the University of Miami. Among professional affiliations and community service positions, she was appointed to the Brain & Spinal Cord Injury Board for the State of Florida, served as President of the Business Coalition for Americans with Disabilities, was a Board Member and VP of the Florida Rehabilitation Association, and a member of The National Society of Fund Raising Executives.
Deborah is an accomplished public speaker and facilitator. She can tailor a presentation to your needs to cover all aspects of Accessible Tourism and Inclusion, as well as General Disability Awareness and Education and Inspiration, whether it is a keynote address, a workshop or management or board training session.
- Keynote Speaker for the 2014 Michigan POHI/SXI Conference – Disability as Inspiration, Can Greater Exposure overcome this Phenomenon.https://youtu.be/ou4KtYiZWyo
- Changing Perceptions Interview with 33voices.com
- Lady Business Journal Podcast
- Woman in Charge Guest speaker: More Beautiful for Having Been Broken
- Speaker PUSH Nation Fest, Tampa, FL April 2016
- 33 Voices, a global conversation about things that matter in business and in life. We create impact by keeping important ideas moving.
- Awarded: New Mobility Person of the Year 2014
“My work is to serve people with mobility disabilities…it is to provide information and resources that assist them to lead a more enabled and joyful life. This includes helping companies develop and market the products and services that meet their needs and solve their problems.”
Words of Praise for Deborah Davis, Founder at Push Living, Inc
“Your ability to communicate on stage is very impressive. In addition to your obvious passion for communicating with persons in the disability community, you have a great message for the non-disabled community. Your observations and experiential understanding of being disabled in a nondisabled world has the potential to open a lot to eyes and cause people to reconsider the prism through which they view disability…” Vik Logan, event attendee[vc_text_separator title=”Push Living, Inc.” color=”blue” style=”double”]
- Push Living Magazine – fresh weekly content crafted to inspire and intrigue
- Accessible Travel – a world of resources accommodating disability-friendly travel
- Inclusive Imagery & Stock Photo Portfolio – PUSHLivingPhotos.com provides an extensive library of modern images showing diversity in disability
- Mobility Shop – featuring the latest beautifully designed, disability-friendly goods
- Push Living Podcast – in-depth and personal insights into the most inspirational and informative guests from within the disability community and beyond
For booking information:
“We will inspire people to travel, to see things differently, and to want to create change.”
Push Living, Inc.