Ethan Ruby is an entrepreneur. A man in his early 40’s who invents products and builds companies. He is also a husband and a father of two children; 5 and 7-year-old boys.
He created the Wheel Comfort padded foot rest product that I personally cannot live without and is the founder of and an investor in several other major companies that provide, not only profitable enterprises for his family and his employees, but products that change lives.
He has learned that not “focusing on myself” is the way to a better life and started Poker for Life, a charity organization raising over 2 million for Spinal Cord Injury research for The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis in ten years.
He is CEO and Founder of Theraplant, a company that markets and leads in the field of medical marijuana as a pharmaceutical medication based in Connecticut.
Ethan shares with us how he became a member of the PUSH living community of wheelchair users becoming a paraplegic in Nov 2000 in a story that is eerily familiar to the movie Me Before You. A successful, driven, globetrotting New York financial industry trader who was crossing the street and got hit by a car.
Ethan provides raw and deeply personal revelations about his frame of mind after the accident that will move you and teach a powerful lesson on overcoming and accepting oneself.
He also gives us an inside look into his impressive story of achieving great success in business, and how he has finally learned the important balance between work and home life.
He discusses his journey with his wife, who he had only been dating 6 months before his accident (though they had know each other for 8 yrs), and how he gave her the “out” for living this life and her response.
This podcast will provide you with the awe-inspiring opportunity to listen to a man whose belief in himself and resourcefulness created the life where “Failure is not an option.”
Additional info mentioned in podcast:
Guarda “Cock Sock”
WPT / Poker
Boxing / Escrima
- Disability Side Hustle? Ideas Worth Rolling Over - March 2, 2022
- Energy Attacks: How to Heal & Protect Yourself from Aggression and Hostility - December 16, 2021
- Overcoming the Fear #SCIAWARENESS #PUSHLOVE - October 2, 2021
- Excerpt from “The Anti-ADA Bar Crawl – Is Your Business at Risk?” - September 26, 2019
- Where to Roll in Town: A Wheelchair Users Guide to What is Hot and Trending in Travel - June 13, 2019
- Wheelchair Travel: Cuba Libre? How Free is Cuba for Travelers on Wheels? - June 11, 2019
- Wheelchair Accessible Farming and Gardening - June 8, 2019
- Jetweels Carries Passengers in a Whole New Fashion! - May 14, 2019
- Wheelchair Accessible Ireland Tour – Join Us In One of the Most Loved Countries - April 16, 2019
- PUSHLiving Podcast 018 | WOW! Woman on Wheels Empowerment Retreat with Kristina Rhoades - March 12, 2018