It was our absolute pleasure to welcome the man behind an incredible concept and worldwide company, Kerry Renaud, to this episode of the PUSHLiving Podcast. Kerry is the CEO of Scootaround, and their mission is to help individuals with disabilities, and their families, gain the freedom and mobility independence that they crave when they need it the most. They are truly making the world a better place.
The company was founded in response to the need of a loving daughter whose father needed a mobility device when they went on a vacation together. Listen to the podcast to hear the full story, but it’s a heart-warming tale about recognizing a need and acting on it out of love.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST HERE
WATCH THE LIVE PODCAST HERE
Listen to this compelling podcast to learn:
- The story behind why Scootaround was founded.
- How Kerry got involved with Scootaround and eventually became the CEO.
- The new, high-tech, powered mobility devices available from Scootaround thanks to their merger with Japanese wheelchair designer/manufacturer, WHILL.
- Why the merger of Scootaround and WHILL is such a great pairing, and how their beliefs align to create a strong collective vision.
- How the Scootaround wheelchair rental process works for vacations.
- Kerry explains the benefits you can expect from Scootaround mobility device rentals: ease of use, maneuverability, and an extremely small footprint.
- Deborah shares her personal success story from the PUSHLiving Travel Ireland trip, where she utilized the WHILL from Scootaround.
- Scootaround’s belief in MASS (Mobility As a Service) and what that means to their wide range of customers.
- How Scootaround is giving passengers independent mobility at the airport.
- Average cost per day for a Scootaround wheelchair rental in North America.
For information about our upcoming PUSHLiving Travel Italy trip, email us here: ContactUs@PUSHLiving.com
For information about our upcoming Women On Wheels Conference & Retreat, click here.
- Wheelchair Accessible Italy Tour – Join Us in a Country Loved by Wheelchair Travelers - January 6, 2020
- PUSHLiving Podcast #29: Recognizing a Need – Supplying Freedom & Independence with Kerry Renaud - December 10, 2019
- Disabled Entrepreneurs & The Power of Change - September 20, 2019
- PUSHLiving Ireland 2019: Day 11-14 Galway, Kylemore Abbey, and Cliffs of Moher - August 8, 2019
- PUSHLiving Ireland 2019: Day 8-10 Killarney & Ring of Kerry - August 7, 2019
- PUSHLiving Ireland 2019: Day 4-7 Waterford, Kinsale, and Cork - August 2, 2019
- PUSHLiving Ireland 2019: Day 2 & 3 Exploring Dublin - July 31, 2019