On this exciting safari, you will visit the highlights of both Namibia and Botswana. Varied scenery and super game viewing opportunities in the region is what makes this trip a spectacular combination.
This trip will bring you to the Famous Red Sand Dunes from the Namib Desert dwarfing all in the vicinity, continuing North via Swakopmund on the Skeleton Coast, onto Namibia’s popular Etosha National Park, famous for its unusual white Salt Pans which dominate the centre of the park.
Here, you can enjoy beautiful, relaxing sunsets, whilst observing the large concentrations of game coming down to the floodlit waterholes to quench their thirst. The safari now takes in the Eastward through the Caprivi strip, with the last night in Namibia spent on the banks of the Kavango River in the vicinity of Rundu. Leaving Namibia behind it crosses the border into northern Botswana where you will enjoy the relaxing tranquility and beauty of Shakawe, situated within the panhandle of the Okavango Delta. This is a paradise for nature and bird-lovers alike and will provide you with plenty of time for rest and relaxation.
The trip incorporates a 3-night stay in Botswana’s Moremi Wildlife Reserve, situated within one of the richest, most diverse natural wildlife areas –namely the Okavango Delta –the largest inland river delta in the world and Botswana’s prime game-viewing location.
Here you will enjoy a true African bush experience, whilst camping in pristine private campsites, surrounded by the sights and sounds of the magical African bush.
Cost for Biome of Namibia & Botswana Special (cost in $US per person sharing –based on a minimum of 4 people)
High season (01 July 2015 –30 October 2015)
Adult sharing: $7,005 AUD, $5,410 US
Single supplement: $1,440 AUD, $1,110 US
Low season (01 December 2014 –30 June 2015 and November 2015)
Adult sharing: $6,299 AUD, $4,860 US
Single supplement: $1,230 AUD, $945 US
This price includes
- 13 nights accommodation – specified below under “Accommodation & meals”
- All transfers and game drives
- Park entry fees into Namib Park, Etosha National Park and into Moremi Game Reserve
- Day tours/ excursions as specified on the itinerary
- Services of a qualified English-speaking safari guide
- Meals as specified on the itinerary
- Drinks during the camping safari in Botswana
- Vehicles equipped with hydraulic lift
Accommodation (all accessible) & meals
Days 1 & 2: Namib National Park, Sossusvlei Desert Camp or similar (DBB)
Day 3: One night in Hotel or guest house (BB)
Days 4 & 5: Etosha National Park: chalets (BB)
Day 6: Mokuti Lodge/Halali rest camp or similar (BB)
Days 7, 8 & 9: Caprivi Strip: fixed tented accommodation (BB)
Day 10: Maun: Fixed accommodation at Thamalakane Lodge or similar (DBB)
Days 11, 12 & 13: Moremi Game Reserve: mobile camping in en-suite safari tents (fully inclusive basis)
- International and local flights (Johannesburg –Windhoek + Maun –Johannesburg/Windhoek)
- Beverages when staying in fixed accommodation
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Single supplement charges
- Comprehensive insurance (luggage, personal liability abroad etc)
- Optional activities
- Gratuities & items of a personal nature
- Tipping and gratuities to Chauffeur & Local guides
- Passport & Visa fees
Day 01 & 02: (2 Nights) WINDHOEK – SOSSUSVLEI
Overnight in Sossusvlei desert camp or similar – Dinner, Bed and Breakfast (drinks excluded)
Upon your arrival at Windhoek International Airport, you will be met by your safari guide from where we will commence to the Namib Naukluft Park (approximately 4/5 hours drive), briefly passing through Namibia’s Capital: Windhoek.
You will spend the next two nights in the famous Sossusvlei/Sesriem area, home to some of the highest sand-dunes in the world.
An early start on this second day will reveal the beauty of this area as the light unfolds offering magnificent photographic opportunities.
Sesriem, the gateway to Sossusvlei, is named after a 30m deep canyon carved through layers of conglomerate by the Tsauchab River. The name is translated as “six thongs”–a reference to the fact that pioneer farmers had to use six ox thongs to lower buckets to the pools in the narrow canyon.
Optional activities include: balloon flights and scenic flights over Sossusvlei and Namib Desert.
Day 03 & 04: (2 Nights) SWAKOPMUND
Overnight in chalet at a Local Guest House – BB (other meals and drinks excluded)
We leave the Namib Desert and travel west towards the historic town of Swakopmund. We’ll have lunch en route. Afternoon spent at leisure or exploring the town.
Swakopmund is a popular amongst visitors because of its old-world charm and relaxed atmosphere. Founded in 1892 during the period of German colonial rule, it served as the territory’s main harbor for many years. Today this quaint desert town, hedged by desert and sea, is enhanced by lush green lawns, palm trees and carefully tended public gardens.
Day 05 & 06: (2 Night) WESTERN ETOSHA NATIONAL PARK
Overnight in Chalets inside the park – Bed and Breakfast (other meals and drinks excluded)
Our next two evenings will be spent in the western side of Etosha National Park. Our very basic routine will be to spend as much time as is possible game viewing in this world-famous park. We shall spend all morning out on a game-drive, returning for brunch around 11o’clock, after which you can relax until the late afternoon, when we shall depart once again on a game drive.
Hailed as one of Africa’s largest game parks, being almost the size of Switzerland, this area is Namibia’s premier game-viewing destination, covering thousands of kilometers of dense bush and open plains where an incredible diversity of game roam free, including lion, eland, elephant, giraffe, rhino and ostrich.
Day 07: (1 Night) EASTERN ETOSHA NATIONAL PARK – MOKTUI LODGE
Overnight at Mokuti Lodge – Dinner, Bed and Breakfast (other meals and drinks excluded)
Today we leave the western side of the park and we head East. We will spend other two nights in this side of the Park.
- Jetweels Carries Passengers in a Whole New Fashion! - May 14, 2019
- Wheelchair Accessible Ireland Tour – Join Us In One of the Most Loved Countries - April 16, 2019
- Women On Wheels Empowerment Retreat – Truth or Consequences, New Mexico - March 17, 2018
- PUSHLiving Podcast 018 | WOW! Woman on Wheels Empowerment Retreat with Kristina Rhoades - March 12, 2018
- PUSHLiving Travel – Florida Travel Company Specializing in Wheelchair Access to the World…Goes to Portugal! - January 23, 2018
- Disability Tour Operators Deliver #AccessibleTravel - July 28, 2017
- ADA – Americans with Disabilities Act: The Long Road Toward Inclusion - June 25, 2017
- Education and Exposure is Key to Bias Against Disabled Mothers - May 14, 2017
- How to Train a Service Dog: Part One—Finding your Match! - May 7, 2017
- The Kindness of Strangers - April 23, 2017