Patty has been a Nurse for 31 years, since 1983. She actually worked for two years prior to her spinal cord injury (SCI) in the SCI Unit at the Veterans Hospita,l working with new injuries. She then transferred to neonatal intensive care and ultimately to education of students in nursing.
Then, in 2009 she was in a car accident and sustained a spinal cord injury herself resulting in T-3/4 complete paraplegia.
She was determined to go back post-injury and finish her Bachelor’s degree in nursing that she had started before the accident, with the goal of continuing to help others through this experience. She was experienced and educated enough about her injury that she was often viewed as a “difficult” patient when her high expectations were not met. They even suspected a head injury and depression every time she started crying, but she just felt no one could understand what she was going through.
She now feels like an expert, and if she doesn’t have the answer, she has the right connection and knows how to find the answers. She knows the lingo and can talk the talk to get the answers and wants to help others using her education, knowledge and skills.
Patty is now embarking on a new journey and stage of her life, and we are happy she is starting here at PushLiving.com by offering feature articles on topics that are of interest to women with similar injuries or other conditions that affect mobility. She is also a consultant, writer and mentor to other women who are newly injured. She is married and has just celebrated her 25th-wedding anniversary. She has two boys aged 23 and 19. She is a successful woman in all aspects of her life and a great asset to our team.
Welcome “The Rollin RN”, Patty Kunze, RNC, BSN
You can also visit Patty’s Facebook page, “The Rollin RN”
For questions, you can “Ask Patty”
- The Rollin RN Discusses Movember – a Tribute to MEN - November 28, 2016
- Reviewing A.D.…..one more time. - October 16, 2016
- My Caregiver is Sick: What Happens When the Roles Reverse? - August 12, 2016
- THE ROLLIN RN TACKLES DEPRESSION PART 2 - June 3, 2016
- The ROLLIN RN Tackles Depression: Its Effects on our Family Members - March 21, 2016
- The Rollin RN: GETTING THE SCORE ON A PRESSURE SORE - January 27, 2016
- FIT, FABULOUS, AND PYLELO……OH, NO!!!! The What, How and Why of Kidney Infections - December 13, 2015
- The Rollin RN Helps to Solve the Mystery of Stool Color - November 5, 2015
- Fit, Fabulous, and the Power of Protein - July 29, 2015
- Ask Nurse Patty: Do you have any tips for cathing by touch? - July 9, 2015