This story line is the news feed and all over the media. Have her walk on braces, and it is an even BIGGER story.
Apparently it’s a miracle and inspiration, and the groom is a great guy for marrying a woman in a wheelchair. She is an inspiration for putting her paralyzed legs in braces so she can struggle and forgo the ease of simply rolling down the aisle.
Message sent: I am not good enough unless I am walking.
A beautiful, blonde, sexy, talented woman on wheels is getting married, and this is a national story?
It also seems (based on comments) to be giving many others in similar disabilities hope that maybe they will one day find someone Good enough to marry them in spite of their disability.
Is this really such an odd occurrence? Is this really such a miracle?
It appears we have a lot of work to do if people really believe that to be true.
Sure, there are absolutely many men and women who would not consider dating a person if the person was in a wheelchair.
There also are just as many men and women who wouldn’t date someone who was overweight or too short or the wrong color or the wrong religion.
But it shouldn’t be an inspiration when one of us actually find someone who is capable of loving us.
Do I really need to explain this? Does the general population really need to learn how we are valuable how we make great partners, great lovers, great mothers?
Based on the comments and the frequencies of these type of news stories it appears we have a lot of explaining indeed to do.
- Overcoming the Fear #SCIAWARENESS #PUSHLOVE - October 2, 2021
- Excerpt from “The Anti-ADA Bar Crawl – Is Your Business at Risk?” - September 26, 2019
- Where to Roll in Town: A Wheelchair Users Guide to What is Hot and Trending in Travel - June 13, 2019
- Wheelchair Travel: Cuba Libre? How Free is Cuba for Travelers on Wheels? - June 11, 2019
- Wheelchair Accessible Farming and Gardening - June 8, 2019
- Jetweels Carries Passengers in a Whole New Fashion! - May 14, 2019
- Wheelchair Accessible Ireland Tour – Join Us In One of the Most Loved Countries - April 16, 2019
- PUSHLiving Podcast 018 | WOW! Woman on Wheels Empowerment Retreat with Kristina Rhoades - March 12, 2018
- Disability Tour Operators Deliver #AccessibleTravel - July 28, 2017
- ADA – Americans with Disabilities Act: The Long Road Toward Inclusion - June 25, 2017