It started with one woman with a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) sharing her online dating stories, which inspired another to try an experiment. Then a man wanted in on the action. Together three lives intersected in a circle of friendship and support. Read on and learn how:
Today we got a letter via email from one of our readers, Sabrina Cohen, from Miami Beach. She wanted to let us know how inspired she was by a recent posting we did with our new “the Quirky Quad” columnist, Ali Ingersoll. Ali was generous enough to share with PUSHLiving.com her dating profile in the hope that it would inspire and educate.
If you haven’t read it yet, here is the link to Profile #5 Online Dating: Woman with Disabilities Share Their Road Back to Love, Lust and Empowerment.
Sabrina is a C 5-6 quadriplegic, a realtor, and founder of the Sabrina Cohen Foundation which runs
Sabrina’s Beach, an accessible beach where volunteers go out on Saturdays and assist people with disabilities into the water. Here’s what Sabrina had to say.
Ali was so fun, flirty, carefree and confident that I could see she would put a lot of people at ease with her humorous profile. So, I decided to edit it and plagiarize it to see what kind of reaction I would get using her words and MY photos.
Just a few hours later, I started getting responses! They came, and they came, and they came in like they were never going to stop! So, I wanted to tell you thank you for inspiring me again to look at how I wrote my profile and re-write it because everything that she said I could relate to and was identical to how I felt.
“Sometimes we just need another person who is in our situation to show us how to make our self-whole again.”
Sabrina agreed that we could use her letter and her experiment to let others know that maybe they too can take a look at how they write their profile, and maybe it is something that they can get some feedback on or this will inspire them to write their first one!
So here is our offer to you dear PUSHLiving.com readers:
If you have never tried before and want to give it a stab, or you have a current profile that is published and wanted to be reviewed, please send it to us at [email protected], and Sabrina, Ali and the PUSHLiving team will review and critique and give suggestions. You may want a more professional opinion from Dr. Mitchell Tepper who can provide this for a fee. See his article “how-the-dating-coach-became-the-life-coach-instead“.
You can submit your profile anonymously, or you can provide your name. We will then be sharing your profile and our suggested changes for others to learn and benefit from here on PUSHLiving.com.
The process of dating and falling in love and staying in love and knowing your worth is all a challenge that we face just like everybody else who doesn’t roll through life. Sometimes it’s even more challenging for us because of our wheels. That’s why we are here for you. Ali, Sabrina, me, and Dr. Tepper are always here to help you in this journey.
Coming Next: Ali reviews and helps re-write a young man’s dating profile and we will share the results!
- Health Insurance Approval for Specialized Shower Chair – Unexpected Win! - August 30, 2020
- Health Insurance Company Vs. The Individual (0-1) – Advocacy 101 - July 26, 2020
- The Fight for Survival – Health Insurance Battle for Medically Necessary Wheelchair Seat Elevator – Final Decision - July 1, 2020
- The Fight for Survival – Health Insurance Battle Tactics for Medically Necessary Services – Part 2 - June 22, 2020
- The Art of Health Insurance Appeals: My Battle for a Power Wheelchair Seat Lift - May 12, 2020
- Aquatic Therapy – The Story of a Paralyzed Mermaid - February 13, 2020
- Intimacy and Romance After Marriage – “Newlywed Life” - January 31, 2020
- The Downfall of Our Healthcare System: A Harsh Reality - January 24, 2020
- Adaptive Technology Life Hacks - August 20, 2019
- BEHIND THE SCENES: From the ICU to Walking Down the Aisle - June 20, 2019